Samstag, 10. Januar 2015

My past

Hi people on the internet,
first things first, this week we had to make a presentation about a country on the planet, and I chose Australia. It's obvious why I chose it, but nobody knows yet about my plans to go there for a school exchange. Do you think this is an opportunity to tell them, or should I wait? I mean, it would definitely be good timing, but I don't want to rush on it. Please let me know what you think in the comments below.
Next is the actual content, I want to talk a little bit about my past. This week, I want to write about my really early years.
When I was young, I was a very big fan of Lego, and I remember I always wanted to build houses with it. From a small beach house to a luxurious villa and even a hotel I've built everything. My Lego constructions were very detailed and perfected, and I loved tweaking them for months until they were really "perfect".
But Lego was not my only interest. I really loved "girls" toys like kitchen mixers or toy ovens. My parents once bought me a small washing machine and I was so happy when I got it. Some of the other kids in kindergarten didn't share my interests and I was really more of an outsider. What I now know is that it was never the act of cooking or washing clothes that fascinated me, it were the machines. I loved how they looked, the materials the different companies used and how they worked. I loved to look at existing products and then build my own. My parents had a phone, and I had a cardboard phone, with numbers and everything else a phone needed in my eyes. I once built a small kitchen with cooktop, fridge and even an oven where you could insert pictures of food.
That love for products has never changed. I still enjoy good design and I even found my dream job in it. First I thought it was being an Architect, but what really fascinates me is being an industrial designer. I love to design, especially electronic devices. I've designed phones in all colors and materials, and in my head is even an idea for a smartwatch, but I don't know yet how to realize it.
I think it is amazing how a love for something that fascinated me when I was so young could only get bigger after 12 years. I really think I found my dream job, and if anybody that reads this has any experience in this job, or even only a suggestion, then I would be glad if you would write a comment.
Thanks for reading!

PS: In the following days I will post my Australia presentation for everyone that could need it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen